About Us

Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Ch-ch-ch-ch-changes!


This pregnancy has been a breeze. I can only hope that if we have more little ones each pregnancy will be as easy as this one, but I won't bet on it. I had virtually no morning sickness, no spotting, no terrible cramping, no complications. My only complaints were silly ones: I wish my tummy was bigger, I don't look pregnant yet, just fat. Boo-hoo. Silly me...

I tell ya, within a week my quiet little pregnancy has become rather active. Belching and passing gas has never been this easy or this frequent -or this loud! My Lord, I knew they said pregnancy was "The Burping and Farting Olympics" and I'd be bringing home a gold medal, but I had no idea it was this bad! And it just came out of no where.

Around the same time Wilder started tap dancing. I know everyone says "my little guy's kicking so much he's going to be a soccer player," so I hate to say the same thing, but, man, does this kid MOVE! I used to be able to feel him faintly while sitting and a sweet smile would spread across my face knowing I had such a precious little one growing inside. But now that he's started up Kung Fu and I can feel him at full force all the time I've tried not to take all the nudges personally. I haven't done anything yet to tick him off, so I'll just let him rollick without getting offended at the constant blows. I know, I know, I hear a chorus of mothers telling me, "Just wait until you get jabbed in the ribs and he stomps on your bladder!" Yeah, I can't wait...

Please, don't mistake this for complaining. I am in awe of the sudden changes that have occurred. It astounds me that in such a short period of time so many raucous things could happen to my body. Seriously, I'm struck in wonderment!

I am beginning to get used to Wilder's bouncing around. It comforts me to feel him often as opposed to if he was a very quiet baby that rarely moved. For weeks I didn't feel pregnant and would tell Brian, "Honey, I think the baby disappeared." I'm in no danger of feeling that way now and am thankful.

As the reality of motherhood sinks in with all this activity inside me there honestly are many mixed feelings. The fear of losing so much personal time creeps up but is squashed by visions of happy mommyhood moments to come. I often doubt my ability of being a good mother, just as most mom's-to-be do, but have to remember that all I can do is try my best --and remember to have lots of patience. Patience and a good sense of humor :)

We hope all of you are well and enjoying your summers! Sending lots of love!

2 comments:

Mama said...

You are going to be a wonderful mother. This doubt we women hold is an age old lie straight from hell. No, really!
1. You can only do what you can do
2. You only know what you know
3. If your heart is in the right place and motives are pure then...
RELAX and enjoy the little one God has given you and lean on HIM to fill in the gaps - we all have gaps, you know. love Mama

Kelly Cameron said...

Yo Adrian! I got gaps, you got gaps...
I love you, Mama!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails