About Us

Friday, May 31, 2013

Happy {Incredibly Late} Mother's Day | A Cannibalized Post With Photos of My Wild Children and Urinating Canine

I know.  I'm a little late for Mother's Day.  And this is actually cannibalized from my photography website, but since May starts with "m" and Mother starts with -you got it- "m" why not celebrate May as Mother's Day month?  See, that's just a nice way of saying I am really bad at posting *and* remembering special dates.

Though I did get a mammoth sized box of chocolates on Mother's Day from Brian and the kids.  I won't be forgetting that anytime soon.  Neither will my waistline (despite the juice fast -which, by the way, I managed to gain back all but 4 lbs. since.)

Ahem.  But I digress.

"May I present Mother's Day with my tiny people." (Big Smile!)

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug
Since my mama lives over 1000 miles away, it's hard to get facetime.  And, as any grandmother knows, their favorite gifts are time with their grandbabies.  Since we can't be there in person to love on my mama, I wanted to give the next best thing -a little freeze-framed facetime with her grandbabies.
(Ahem.)  So, you'd think the children of a photographer would be *awesome* at getting their photos taken.  Not true, not true.  At least not this photographer's children.  Everything from the dog taking a leak right next to Wilder during our shoot to mopey faces, foot races and standing on an anthill -it was a mess, but totally typical for how we roll in my house.  I'm just thankful Waverley picked out clothing other than Wilder's pajamas (her FAVORITE outfit.)  No, she didn't let me brush her hair, but we did get some fun new photos -sadly, the only ones of 2013 besides what I grab on my phone :)
Enough about my goofball children (they take after me.)  Let me share a bit about my mother.  My mama is one brave, strong, smart woman with one of the biggest hearts in the world.  She's raised 10 kids, faced impossible challenges, encouraged and inspired more people than she realizes and is always ready to listen, love and encourage.  Mama, I love you.  I can't thank you enough for the love you've provided, the lessons you've taught me and the opportunities you allowed and encouraged me to make the most of.  Thanks to you, I am a capable human being who knows she is always loved by one of the most amazing women in the world.  You.

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Shelby thought it was breaktime.  Wilder thought it was hilarious.  So did I...

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Our little set is called "Holy crap, hurry and grab something interesting before it starts to rain and the kids take off their clothes and run around."
It's very "in."

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

A-HAHAHAHA!  *Sigh*
Okay, so trying to get MY kids to look at me at the same time is a lot harder than getting other kids to look at me.  Barking like a dog, singing silly songs -they wouldn't have any of it.  So, I resorted to "Hands in the air!!"  Yeah.  They're *really* jazzed about it.  :)  This still makes me giggle!

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Race.





Typical Waverley.  "That's it.  I'm all done.  No more racing."



Write Your Own Caption Time! :) Happy Mother's Day Weekend, Ladies.  Your most important job of your life.  Put everything else on hold and go hold those people you can't imagine life without -or you would never want to imagine life without, at least. And I love you, Mama.  

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ohhhhhhh myyyyyy goodness ~ This Grandmama is so happy with this forever gift for Mother's Day 2013.
Thank you, Dear Sweet Kelly. You know just what this Grandmama's heart is yearning for. I love love love it.

Anonymous said...

Kelly, Dear Daughter ~ Thank you for a precious look into life with Texas Grandbabies. Your well chosen words and captured moments have brought a giant smile to my heart. You are the giver of the most wonderful gifts. Thank you, I love you. Mama

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails