About Us

Wednesday, February 12, 2014

A Week in Dallas is 6 Days Too Long

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug
I'd been in Dallas all last week for acting work, was home for a few hours on Friday, then off shooting an all day wedding in San Antonio Saturday.  When Sunday rolled around I was so drained and missed my family like our Border Collie Shelby misses her tennis ball.  I grabbed the camera for a little Homeslice action and the kids even got a chance to play photographer.

I missed my people.

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug
Their best attempt at making antlers.
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug
Wilder's turn with the camera.  Not too shabby!

Amazingly enough, Waverley took Shelby and my portrait.  Wilder assisted by holding the gigantic lens while she pressed the button.  It was pretty cute teamwork.
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug
Wilder's handiwork again.  And Waverley was doing her "exercises."


*Sigh*
My crazy-wazies.

Today's my official day off -which, for some reason, the past month+ I've always had an audition on.  I'm greatly looking forward to a Wednesday where I don't have anything going on except playtime.  

May your day be brightened with everyday beauty that takes you by surprise.  We remember to breathe, exhale the yucky stuff, inhaling peace and joy, and take a second before feeling frustration overwhelm in order to gain perspective.  At least that's what I'm trying to do.  It's such a helpful reminder I need multiple times a day.  I'm very thankful for so many good things in our lives -particularly my short people and my big man.

Family is the best.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails