About Us

Friday, May 9, 2014

A Working Vacation: South Padre Island


I have the fun job of shooting weddings, and this weekend's wedding is at a perfect family fun destination:  South Padre Island, TX.  We loaded up the family and drove 6 hours to the coast.  Funny enough, we ended up (unintentionally) at the same hotel as my couple, which is fabulously convenient. This morning I had a chance to document a bit of the coastal joy.  Wilder experienced his first jelly fish sting of his 6th year of life (he covered his 5th year's sting in Galveston) and we're busy building sand mountains and meeting new kids to splash with.

Waverley usually firmly states within the first 5 hours of being somewhere new, "I want to go home!" but this trip she's declared, "Mama, I LOVE our new house!"  Our new house being a single room at La Quinta.

Last night after time on the beach and in the (wonderfully heated) pool, the kids snuggled up on the couch with me, watching a movie on TV while Brian went on a grocery trip.  Contently flanked by both of my sweet ones, I felt for the first time in a very definitive way the baby kick multiple times.  It was a moment of pure bliss.  My family <3


We're determined to squeeze in as much fun as we can and I am so thankful for our mini-(working)-vacation!













No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails