About Us

Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Being 30....weeks pregnant, that is.


Oh, I remember the days when I lamented not feeling pregnant enough. I wished my belly had a bigger bump. I wished the baby would begin kicking. I wished everyone around me would know right away that I was pregnant. Now all my wishes have come true.

My belly is beginning to get in the way of things. Everything. I have to readjust my tummy when I sit down. I have to lean forward beyond my grandness to kiss my husband. I have to be extra careful when trying to pass other customers in the store aisles. People are beginning to ask when the baby's due, if I know what gender it is, if I'm excited, etc. It's kind of fun but I'm contemplating making a t-shirt with the stats.

Since a few days before our drive south from Alaska I've been having a difficult time sleeping. At first I thought it was all the excitement of the move. Then I blamed it on sleeping in strange places (no, not the closet or the kitchen -staying in different hotels.) Now that we've been in the same place for awhile it is apparent that the diagnosis for my several hours of insomnia a night is baby related. Go figure. Wilder seems most active at night in the wee hours.

Speaking of Wilder, just a few days ago it felt as if he grew a significant amount since his kicks have changed drastically. I can't describe exactly how they are different, other than it feels like stronger yet smaller movements and he seems to shift and turn quite a bit. Some of his activity makes me catch my breath, but mainly it's a hoot seeing my belly move through my clothes.

Heartburn and acid reflux are fun, occasional visitors and I've been adjusting to shrinking stomach size. Not being able to eat as much at meals can be pretty frustrating. Here I've spent time cooking up a yummy dinner and I can only enjoy tasting half of what I'd normally eat. I guess that would mean more leftovers, except I have a husband...and he eats it all. Well, I'll just have to remember those recipes for later.

As expected I don't have as much energy and I have to limit my excursions. Brian isn't too sore on this point -I can't shop as long as I used to, which of course means less time he has to be dragged to the store! Also with being hungry so frequently I'm prone to giving warnings for how soon we need feed me before I turn into a monster. I'm getting better at my guestimations, but still haven't perfected it yet. Just in case, I keep a bag of trail mix in the car to hold me over.

Still, the pregnancy is going wonderfully. Though I'm beginning to feel discomfort now it is incredibly minor to what I know it could be. I am so thankful for how easy I've had it and can only hope that my future pregnancies are as flawless as this one has been.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh My Sweet Darling,
It is so wonderful to share this time with you ~from afar.
You 3 are in my prayers and I send all my love. Mama

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails