About Us

Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Take Me Out to the Ball Game

The Round Rock Express played at their home stadium, the Dell Diamond, last night for a smashing win of 6-4 against the Albuquerque Isotopes. Complete with a firework finish the AAA teams played a great game and we had a blast at our first of many ball games to come.

The Dell Diamond is an excellent facility that matches -if not beats- any major league stadium. Any seat in the house was a good one, even the grassy hillside surrounding outfield. I was surprised to find a pool and spa just beyond right field next to a basketball court, rock gym and playscape to keep the kids occupied while the parents watched the game. Maybe next time I can get my nails done and have a pony ride.
Great seats just above the guest team's dugout.

The view was terrific. We were nearly in line with the pitcher smack dab between home and first base. I had been to a Mariners game once and we sat in the nosebleed section. The players were so tiny it made the game nearly impossible for me to follow, particularly since I didn't really know what was going on in the first place. But at this stadium with such great seats -and Brian being the sports commentator- it was a nearly electric experience.
Wilder is crazy about baseball. With all the music and cheering he went hog wild. Brian beamed in anticipation of taking his son to the games, teaching him the rules, talking about the players, and is contemplating getting season tickets. It will be a few years before Wilder will be able to appreciate what's going on, but with the kid-friendly atmosphere and play things I'm sure we'll be attending games next season.
This game sure beat sitting in metal bleachers on a chilly Alaskan summer wrapped up in blankets. Quite the contrary experience. I was afraid to stand up -I thought my skirt would be drenched in sweat- but nature calls and my bladder wouldn't let vanity get the better of me. Brian reassured me that everyone is sweaty in Texas so it was no big deal, and he was right. But note to self: the next ball game I'll bring a battery operated fan, shave my head and wear my swim suit. Then I'll be set.

We had a blast and thankfully our home team won making the evening and our first ball game in town a fabulous memory!


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails