About Us

Wednesday, January 9, 2008

New Tricks

"Local Boy Wows Folks With Hidden Talents"


"Ma!"
Startled at such articulation coming from my son who normally sounds like he's learning Arabic, I immediately copied him and put my face next to his. He had my full attention. He has said "Ma" before, and even this time I knew it had no significance, but a mother can hope!
He's been exploring his tongue, sticking it in and out, making new noises and he still loves to hear himself talk. He'll interrupt fussy noises when a certain sound he makes interests him, which is amusing to watch. Two nights ago I dreamed Wilder sang a few lines of a song from church and I keep hoping he'll be an early talker. I know, this would be insanely early and later I'll wish he'd wait much longer before inundating us with constant jabber. But for now, each little step in development seems monumental -even his weight gain.

Wilder first rolled over a week ago. I was reading next to him as he played on the floor and when I looked up he was on his side. He rolled on his back, then swung his legs up and over which pulled him on his side again. I was amazed! And now, we're sharing this little milestone with you!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Too, too precious! Looks like the two of you are having fun while Dad's away.

Hugs & Kisses ~Mama

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails