About Us

Monday, October 13, 2008

Me and My Wicked Sewing Machine

Cackle, Cackle, Cackle!! I'm at it again! My shifty sewing machine and I created a holiday masterpiece (at least for my quilting skills) that will be in the family for years as it goes on display each October to come. With my pointy hat on I zipped away nearly straight lines while Wilder napped -or hung out watching "Fiddler on the Roof" with me in his playpen. I know, a VERY Halloween movie, all those bearded, dancing Jews. Exactly what I think of when October comes around.

I marveled at my foresight and patience as what could easily be a one day project took about a week as I prewashed the cloth and ironed it neatly during the heavenly moments of peace when my wild one was sleeping. Yes, very impressive for me since I like to knock things out as quick as possible when the crafty mood hits me.



So, since you all can't come over to have a little holiday shindig in your Halloween costumes and get sugar headaches with me, I wanted to share a little of the festive spirit scattered throughout our home! Happy Fall -particularly to those lucky folks who have their leaves turning and a brisk chill in the air :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kelly,
That is so adorable! I can't wait to see it tomorrow. What a great idea to make something traditional that will excite your child/children for the season when you bring it out year after year. So-o-o-o cute!
Love,
Betty/MiMa

KatieC said...

It is wonderful. Great job!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails