About Us

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Thanksgiving: A List

My sister once told me she had an "ah-ha" moment as she was having a panic attack while trying to relax in a bubble bath.  It was a stressful time and hot bubbles weren't cutting it.  Instead, her head cleared and she began listing what she was grateful for.  As she started a mental list of all the good things, the stress began to melt away.

She's a smart lady, that sister of mine.  And, though I know it's the trend on Thanksgiving to do so, why not join the masses?  I'd like to feel that stress melt away, wouldn't you?

What I'm Grateful For in 2011

Mistakes that my family has loved me through.  I've learned a lot about myself this year.  It ain't all pretty, but I've come out more honest and accepting of myself and others as a result.

Teaming up with creative people who are dedicated to excellence and growing their businesses.  Iron sharpening iron.

My funny, loud, snuggly, dirty, water-loving, rather sassy babies.

That Waverley's hair smells like a kitten when she wakes up and it makes me happy.

The Dude of the house.

My awesome home office (that I'm sitting in as I type.)

For being a capable woman, armed with skills to go and conquer whatever the heck I set my mind to!

All the physical blessings of comfort, clothing and supplies that make our daily routine and lifestyle so much easier and more pleasant.

Netflix.  Seriously.

The wondrous internet for bringing everything closer, easier, and faster.

My mother and my sister, for being my support and making my life so rich.  Plus, they have more exciting lives than I do and it always makes for good stories when they share.

Have a beautiful Thanksgiving!  Love to you and your families this holiday week!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

...and I am so very thankful that you are in my life.
Love Always, Mama

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails