About Us

Saturday, September 8, 2007

Moving In

We've been in our new home -our empty new home- since Tuesday afternoon and are loving it! Every day as we sit on our big, empty floors we think, "I can't believe we own this! This is OUR HOUSE!! HOORAY!!!" Our household goods arrive this coming Friday, as does our internet service (which we've been without since Tuesday.) Brian was given ten days off starting Monday so we'll have this week to paint whatever rooms we'd like, move our furniture in, then have an additional week to unpack everything. The timing has been impeccable.

Thursday I began implementing my dinner menu planning. I mapped out meals through Sunday, bought only what I needed to make them, and we've been enjoying home cooking and great savings for a whole two days! It feels so good not thinking about "what should we have for dinner?" as the evening approaches. I have got to say, dinner salads are a saving grace. When our evening runs a bit longer than expected and dinner is still cooking, we have our salad early and it staves off the pregnancy hunger monster that dwells within me. Brian and I both appreciate my horns not showing. Last night was baked BBQ chicken -with a twist: Combine mayo with the BBQ sauce to cut the acidity and create a creamy topping to bake your chicken in. The result is delicious -just remember to keep your dish covered so the chicken doesn't turn as dry as an Arizona summer.

I'm loving my new car! It's so darn zippy, easy to park, manageable in every way and super cute. Brian loves all the gadgets inside -the cubbies and compartments, the tuner and volume control on the steering wheel, and of course the moon roof. We just feel so cool in our Mom Mobile. And it does have a name: Goldie Honda.

So come Friday we should be operational -unpacking and connected to the world wide web! Stay tuned for lots of new pictures and views of the new paint jobs. I think you'll love it...

2 comments:

mitsi said...

Brian & I are going to be in Georgetown tonight watching the game at some friends' house. We'd love to see you guys! Give us a call if you're interested in coming over, or we might just crash your place (except that I don't think either of us knows exactly where it is)...

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! We are finally back home from Cape Cod now that school has started so we had a chance to catch up on your travels. Your Alcan trip and visits down to Texas brought back wonderful memories. Kluane Lake was always a favorite of ours. Georgetown looks lovely, Mike remembers visiting there with Carol and her gang many years ago. Can't wait to see you all when we head to Texax, and you are always welcome in Massachusetts. Good luck settling in. We'll see who arrives first-Wilder or Austin(I think that is the name Matt and Jen have picked) His due date is 10-1 but Cameron was over 3 weeks early. You look great!!! We can't wait to meet Brian. Love, Aunt Ruth

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails