About Us

Tuesday, April 7, 2009

My Little Heaven

Brian signed out on block leave (vacation) Sunday and we've been loving having Daddy home full-time, even though only Day Two. Around the 20th or so we will leave on a camping/road trip headed to North Carolina to hang out in the Smokey Mountains/Appalachians, though we hope to make it to the coast to dip our toes in the Atlantic. We decided to wait until the end of the month mainly so the weather would be a bit warmer since we're camping with a 1 1/2 year old. We'll do Colorado as a family later; it's too cold to camp in the places we wanted to visit this time of year. Speaking of camping, Brian is setting up our new tent in the backyard, timing himself to see how fast he can work. This is attempt number two; he set it up Sunday when we bought it but the 30 mile an hour winds made it a Herculean effort. Hopefully we won't encounter any heavy winds or rains on our trip -fingers crossed.

We are confirmed hermits. We've been out on a date once and gotten together with friends less than a handful of times since Brian came home, and it suits us just fine. My ambitions have greatly depleted, as well, and April's monthly goal will probably lead into May, etc: Getting Pregnant. Family, family time, family fun, family cuddling, family hikes, family meals -that's all I want right now. Seeing the three of us together, all I could ask for is more family. With Brian home I am happier and more content (and five pounds heavier) than ever. My being is overflowing with joy and satisfaction. I have always told Brian (and every day together it solidifies further) that I have never been happier in all my life than when we're together. My ambitions (career, etc.) are like rhinestones compared to diamonds when side by side with the happiness and fulfillment I receive from being Brian's wife and Wilder's mother. Lord, I couldn't be happier. Well, actually if I was pregnant.... which we soon hope will happen ;) I'm overjoyed to be a family again and we're loving every minute of it.

So that's what we've been doing and what we're getting up to. Wrapped up in each others arms and in our own little world. I hope you all are doing very well and I am sure I'll be back with the blogging bug soon. For now....I'm off to hang out in the tent with Brian ;)

3 comments:

I AM JOE PESCI said...

Be hermits. It's a good thing to be. (If I could go back in time, and someone asked me what I'd want to be when I grew up, I'd totally respond with "hermit.")

And take lots of pictures on your camping trip! Again, I'll live vicariously through y'all (except for the preggers part - I'm done).

Anonymous said...

Together. It's a good place. Stay. Linger. Cherish. Love.

Mama

Anonymous said...

OOOO Another baby!!! Good luck girl!! I hope it happens for you soon! Hello again to Brian and big hugs to you all!! Love, Kirsten

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails