About Us

Monday, August 3, 2009

Reinvention & Rediscovery: Part 3

July has come to a close and I am challenged to reflect on and assess my goal of reinvention and rediscovery. But I can't really begin without a cup of tea, so hold on a moment while the kettle boils. This will give me more time to think.

Though I did not start each day with the big question, "Who am I?," I have to say took a decidedly direct path towards finding greater purpose in my daily life. My spiritual journey was the main catalyst for change in my heart, no question about that. Here's the short list of what I discovered are of great value to me.

-Focusing more on God (and, subsequently, others) and less on myself.

-Becoming more cognizant of my passionate character and how I can continue to explore and use it to help others.

-Being more intentional in relationships.

-Realizing how much I love, enjoy and value being a mother and wife and finally being satisfied with my roles at this point in my life. (As opposed to constantly searching for outside validation and fulfillment -being more than "just" a mom and housewife as society -but mainly myself- pressures women to be. I mean, ANYONE can be a mom and a housewife. Piece of cake, right? Well, it takes a heck of a lot to be a good or awesome mother and homemaker and it's definitely something to take pride and great joy in.)

Phew. That's a lot of discovery and reinvention!
Wow, I'm very pleased with how far I've come this month in exploring what really matters to me at this stage of my life. Family, relationships, a passionate life, a rich spiritual life and a continually deepening relationship with God.

As I am contemplating August's goal I imagine it won't be nearly as grand as July's, but I am excited about my next challenge. I have a feeling it's going to have something to do with finally de-cluttering my house.

Take care and have a wonderful day!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails