About Us

Saturday, November 17, 2007

Poetry of Parenting

It's been three weeks and...

we've hit the town,
been up, been down,
felt like falling on the ground
(from lack of sleep and the flu...)
convinced myself to just not do
all the things that I used to
like vacuum, clean, or cooking dinner
you'd think by now we'd both be thinner
but, thanks to Mom, our freezer's packed
with frozen dinners and yummy snacks!
I haven't written anyone
or called them back on the phone,
it's not because I do not care
it's only that instead of a pair
of hands I'm down to only one
and my idea of having fun
is sleeping, snagging half a nap
with baby sleeping in my lap.
I truly think of you so often
and don't you think that I've forgotten
all of you, those far and near,
who in my heart I hold so dear.
I think of you between midnight feedings
diaper duty and evening meetings
with Brian when we steal a second
to reconnect (and do some neckin'.)
I promise that I soon will write
but, honestly, won't be tonight.
I'm loving being a new mama
Though I spend the day in my pajamas
and wanted all of you to know
I love sharing how we each grow
in this new phase of life we're in
now, please Lord, let the sleep begin!

Love,
Yours Truly

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are so clever... and good lookin'... and fun... and tired...

Love you Darling

~Mama

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails