About Us

Sunday, November 25, 2007

Product Review: Choxie's Chocolate


Many times I have passed the goodies aisle in Target and been tempted by the vogue packaging of Choxie's chocolates (the fact that it's chocolate is excuse enough to be tempted.) Finally I caved and decided I must try this fancy looking product. The pricing and packaging makes one assume the quality is on par with, say, Lindt chocolates. An 8 oz. box of assorted milk chocolate truffles for $5.99 would make you think so. Specialty chocolate shops are near that much per ounce.

Very disappointing, I must say. It's waxy. There is a tremendous lack of quality in both texture and flavor. I like Hershey's Treasures better --and I HATE Hershey's. I feel so had, my box of Choxie staring unapologetically from my chocolate stash on the counter next to me. I feel like a school girl who got kissed by the cool jock -that got paid 5 bucks by the snickering crowd -and he was a lousy kisser. Wh-ell, I'll no better next time.

A definite bet on a delicious experience that won't pull your purse strings: Dove Chocolate Promises. Both the milk & dark chocolate are creamy, heavenly and cheap -plus they are small enough to enjoy several in one sitting without feeling guilty! Besides, who can resist the fun sayings inside. I love being told to "take a bubble bath," "do it now," and "write a love letter."

Obviously not all chocolate is created equal, but we have a choice. And with the power to choose, I say no to hotsy-totsy Choxie and embrace many other delicious options.

4 comments:

Shannon said...

I've always wanted to try those as well...thanks for the info! :) Those Dove are especially yummy. After Eight is a great candy bar from Austria and it's worth the money...if you like mint.

Anonymous said...

But they come in such cute packaging! Say it ain't so! How could ANYTHING from my favorite store be bad??? LOL

-Cherie

CrystalKing said...

Kelly, You are so funny! I am so glad you were an English major. I bet you'll contribute to a magazine in the near future. I love'd your review! C

Kelly Cameron said...

Yes, but if only I could learn how to spell... :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails