About Us

Sunday, November 25, 2007

Thanksgiving Weekend

This wonderful Thanksgiving weekend...
We feasted...
We roasted...

We looked adorable...
We decorated for Christmas...
With Aunt Mitsi...
We cuddled...
We kept looking adorable all weekend long...
We relaxed...
We listened to Christmas music...

And we cuddled some more.

It was a fabulous weekend! We stayed in comfy clothes the whole time, spend quality time together, watched movies, had great conversation, were creative (Brian wrote some songs on the guitar and I sewed some new blankets), Christmas shopped online, and thoroughly enjoyed each other.

Wilder has slept in his room for the past two nights and it's continuing to get smoother as a transition. Last night I think I finally got six hours of sleep with only one feeding in between. Lovely! I think I'm getting the hang of this. I'm learning to be an adoring mother while not freaking out about every little noise he makes -and as such a vocal baby he makes a lot of noises (though, thankfully, mainly not crying. He just "talks" a lot, which makes for long nights if you can hear every sound.)

It was thrilling decorating our new house for Christmas. We bought our faux tree today and used treasured decorations I've "inherited" -some bulbs from great grandma Ruth, some pre-Kelly ones my folks had, and many that I've grown up with and been given through the years. Twirling the garland around our banister and making the ribbons to decorate it, I felt thoroughly grown up -we have a beautiful home and it sparkles in its holiday splendor! Besides, Christmas is the best time of the year. And this is a holiday seasons of firsts. First Christmas in our new home, first Christmas on our turf together (we've either visited family or were apart,) and first Christmas with Wilder. There is something extra special about your own home, together, during the Christmas season. This place is so full of love, of thankfulness, of gladness, it makes my heart overflow. I pray God does something very special in our hearts this season, something that we'll remember for the rest of our lives. I'll be planning on it.

Sending our love,
Kelly

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think I hear the refrain of, "It's Beginning to look a lot like Christmas" in the background as I read about your Thanksgiving Weekend...........ahhhhhhhhhhh. How totally sweet and cozy. Enjoy! love Mama

Anonymous said...

What a great blog! We all had a lot to be thankful for this year :)
xoxo,
Cherie

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails