About Us

Thursday, October 4, 2007

Baby Update: 36 Weeks

I had my latest OB/GYN appointment yesterday. At nearly 36 weeks pregnant, Wilder is head down in "blast off" position, my cervix is very thin and I'm dilated 1 cm. What this means, according to my doc, is that when I get to 4 cm labor and delivery should happen lickety-split. That's what she says. Since she's the one with the medical degree, I'll take her word for it, but I won't hold her to it. Here's hoping!

The day before, I went on my usual 1 mile loop to the mail box and never fully recovered. My back ached all day long and it felt like I was having regular contractions. Finally by 8pm the intense pain and contractions subsided. It was an exciting day when I figured out that I didn't pull a muscle but was truly having contractions, but thankfully our little muffin is baking a bit longer.

Today I preregistered at the hospital and, my, I wish you could have been there! The nurses led me into a labor and delivery room, explained all the paperwork and consent forms, and then let me sit in there while I signed away. I'll be in the same room(well, not the same room I signed papers in, probably) for the entire labor and delivery process and Wilder will be with me always -standard procedure. The nurses were sweet as can be and it seemed like a tight little operation they had going there with a great staff and maternity facility. It was a refreshing and reassuring experience and I just can't wait to plop myself down on one of those beds in a private room and have my baby!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails