About Us

Wednesday, October 17, 2007

We're Having A Baby!

Wilder will arrive between now and Wednesday. I just returned from my weekly OB/GYN appointment and my doctor would like to induce (for several reasons) by Wednesday if Wilder hasn't come yet on his own. So in a week I will certainly be a mommy!

My mom came with me to my appointment and my doctor did an ultrasound just so she could see the baby with me -how wonderful! Wilder has since turned facing my back -the best way for birthing- instead of the "sunny-side up" position he was in last week. I'm pretty sure I felt him turn last Thursday. Though I haven't dilated any more since last week, he has continued to move further towards the exit. Walking is still easy for me, amazingly enough, though my sciatic nerve gives me trouble now and again. I had another bought of contractions on Sunday that lasted nearly 10 hours increasing in strength, frequency and pain, but they went away in the middle of the night. It was very disappointing; I thought for sure I was going to have a baby that night.

Pencil in on your calendars for Wednesday, October 24th as our little man's birthday! I'm hoping he comes before then on his own, but it's exciting to know for sure that we'll have our new addition here by then!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

How exciting! I can not WAIT! You did, however, trick me with that headline. I was thinking....did Kelly really blog before going to the hosptial to give birth!!?? :)
Can't he hold out til the 27th for Bri's bday?
Love, Auntie Boobs

Unknown said...

Kelly!

How wonderful! I am so very excited for your family. I can't wait to hear all about him and see his first beautiful pictures. Hope all is well with you. Love always. ~Ash

Anonymous said...

We are so excited for you all. Glad your mom was able to come down. Matt and Jen's baby-"Austin" is coming any day now. Can't wait to get the second cousins together. Love, Aunt Ruth

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails