About Us

Thursday, September 30, 2010

New Bed Buddy

Wilder's gotten used to Brian staying with him in his new, big bedroom until he falls asleep.  It's quite adorable the bedtime routines that Brian has created over the past few months and I love seeing Wilder and Brian cherishing that time together.  Currently the routine (usually) goes:  fresh diaper and pjs on, brush his teeth (which has only recently become something not torturous to all involved,) go outside to see the stars and moon, up to bed to view the stars on his ceiling and the circle of light from the sound & light machine that creates his own little moon, Brian lays down next to him and gets a wee nap in while Wilder falls asleep after being tucked in.

The past week or two we've had some developments on night time activity and...not quite sure what to do about it.  Wilder has often had night terrors ever since he was teeny tiny.  He still wakes up regularly in the middle of the night and needs help getting back to sleep.  Well, now instead of staying in his room he slams his door and runs to our room and makes a bed on the floor next to me.  Every morning I wake up with Wilder either asleep by my side or with his little face 3 cm from mine (as he bounces on the bed.)

So does he simply not like sleeping alone?  That's what I figure.  I've thought about letting him share a room with Waverley like they did in the RV, but I know he's going to climb into her crib and jump on her head.  I'd like to avoid that.  Maybe I'll let them try shared rooms again -just to see if he'll stop making a dog bed on the floor by my side every morning.  In the meantime, we've got a new bed buddy.  Or Wilder's becoming a cocker spaniel.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails