About Us

Sunday, June 1, 2008

Mi Casa, Super Casa

The Bride's family and several close friends stayed in Casa Encantada -Enchanted House, and it was aptly named. This regal home, though constructed only 8 years ago (it took 3 years to build, as well) makes one feel as though they have stepped back in time two centuries, but with all the glorious modern comforts -including two fabulous house managers Crystal and I became good friends with.

Looking towards the front entrance through the first courtyard. To the right a large open area hosts a large patio table and six chairs, with a wall of climbing greenery.


This was our first view upon arrival. Breathtaking.


The rooftop view.



Crystal ponders if she's really the queen after all. This chair certainly makes her feel like one.


We were blessed every morning with a lovely breakfast spread of authentic Mexican fare and glorious tropical fruits -not to mention hot coffee and freshly squeezed orange juice. Oh, poor us.

I loved this fireplace


I was nearly undefeated against Crystal as we played our favorite card game, Nertz. Alas, I was a good sport and let her win a round or two.


The front courtyard.

It was a magnificent home and my photos are only a sampling of the gorgeous grounds. What an experience!

2 comments:

NNA said...

Hi, I found your blog post through a search for "Nertz". It is cool to see others that know about the game. I hope you don't mind but I wanted to let you know about playnertz.com, the site for the National Nertz Association. There is a bunch of interesting Nertz information there and you can also find out how to play Nertz online there. I hope you will check it out. Feel free to join and also let your friends and family know. Thanks

Anonymous said...

I thought you let me win! CC

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails